TIES Scholarship Application
A Transfer Initiative for Engineering Scholars (TIES) provides scholarship awards ranging from $3000.00 to$10,000.00 for students who transfer from 2 or 4 year college and major in electrical engineering or computer engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Starting in Fall 2018 all NEW TIES scholarships will be for one year. The one year funding allocation is distributed evenly over the academic year in Fall and Spring (or over Fall, Spring, and Summer if the student prefers).
In order to apply, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a transfer student in their from a community college or four year college (i.e., non-research level school, no graduate program, etc.) admitted to Georgia Tech and majoring in electrical engineering or computer engineering;
- Have completed no more than 1 year of coursework at Georgia Tech
- Be a U. S. citizen, U.S national, permanent resident or admitted refugee;
- Meet the criterion of financial need as determined by Georgia Tech’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid;
- Attend Georgia Tech fulltime as a student in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering during the
To apply for a TIES scholarship, students must complete the application form below as well as the Georgia Tech Application for Scholarships & Financial Aid and FAFSA form. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on:
- previous academic performance,
- educational goals and academic promise, and
- financial need.
Please note that to maintain the TIES scholarship, students must remain in good academic standing.